UCAS Applications Update:

Your Home from Home

Bristol is a vibrant and diverse city with so much to offer - nightlight, live music & theatre, arts, sports & beautiful green spaces – which is why there are more than 54,000 students living in Bristol. Depending on the time of year, your budget, and requirements, finding private accommodation in Bristol can be challenging, but we can help you find accommodation that is right for you.
First Year Students
Many first year students choose to live in purpose-built & managed student accommodations in the City Centre that are close to action and only available to university students in Bristol.
Second & Third Year Students
After spending your first year exploring Bristol, many second and third year students choose to live in rented housing through a private landlord or letting agent close to campus.
A blonde haired female dance student sat on her halls of residence bed. Behind her is a wall of twinkling fairy-lights
A halls of residence bedroom, centre is messy bed with a grey duvet and white pillows. In the background is a free standing wardrobe with two coats on.

Halls of Residence

Although there is no halls of residence on our campuses there are student accommodation providers across the city, to suit every location and budget. You might like to share a room and save some money, or perhaps you’d rather spend a little more for a room to yourself. You might be happy to share a bathroom, or maybe you want your own ensuite. Love to cook? Self-catered rooms are available with access to fully fitted shared kitchens, but if your culinary flair doesn’t stretch beyond beans on toast, then there is loads of catered accommodation available too.
Accommodation Providers &
Comparison Sites

Student Living
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to live in Halls of Residence?
No, you can live wherever you want. So if you don’t fancy staying in halls of residence you can look for a landlord or even just stay at home.
When should I book my accommodation?
Bristol is a very popular destination for students, so once you know you want to study at UCWISE, we recommend you start looking for accommodation as soon as possible. If you want to live in a private house, there’s no fixed deadline. However, student houses tend to become free around July/August so it’s worth looking before then, even if you don’t move in till the September.
What do I need to bring?
University accommodation tends to give you the basics before you move in, so you won’t need to bring things like a bed, desk and storage. However, smaller things like general kitchenware (pans, plates, cups and cutlery) is always a good thing to bring. Check with your provider if they have a list of items provided in each residence.

How safe are Halls of Residence
The majority of student halls of residence properties have a member of staff or security guard on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to ensure help is always at hand should the need arise. Some have 24/7 emergency touch points located throughout the building should you need to speak to someone. Please check with your chosen location to see if this service is available.